Tuesday, July 22, 2008

breaking the champagne bottle on the hull

There has to be an awkward first post... like a first kiss... a first date... a first day on the job. Tentative, but determined. This blog is probably teetering its first steps towards offending a good part of the restaurant-going population, but then again, there's nothing wrong with niche markets.

My girlfriend K, and I like to eat out. Don't most all lesbians? We also like to smoke and drink when we eat, and I don't want anyone looking shite at me if I want to lick the sugar off her lip after she takes a sip of her Lemon drop martini. Richmond has a good variety of restaurants and hangouts, and we've always wished we had some way of cutting the good ones out of the herd- the ones where the smoking nazis are kept at bay, where the bartender knows how to mix a drink, and the food is above and beyond what we can whip up in our own kitchen. We got tired of waiting for someone else to do it.

No comments: